[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.98″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.98″ background_layout=”light”]
To be a successful real estate investor, you need to establish partnerships with one or more lenders you can truly rely on when the time comes to secure deals. Our webinar covers the most important factors to consider when comparing lending partners, including:
- Evaluating and comparing their quotes
- How is their leverage calculated?
- Interest rates
- Different fees you should ask about
- What type of lender are you dealing with?
- Do they have the three E’s of lending?
For more in-depth information, watch the replay of our webinar below to learn what to look for when comparing different lenders for your upcoming real estate deals. During the presentation, Don Wenner, CEO of DLP Direct Lending Partners, covers:
- What questions to ask when comparing lenders
- Different types of lenders
- Working with a lender vs. a broker
- Why working with a relationship-based lender is critical
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_code _builder_version=”3.0.98″]<script src=”https://fast.wistia.com/embed/medias/v02j07qnxj.jsonp” async></script><script src=”https://fast.wistia.com/assets/external/E-v1.js” async></script><div class=”wistia_responsive_padding” style=”padding:56.25% 0 0 0;position:relative;”><div class=”wistia_responsive_wrapper” style=”height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;top:0;width:100%;”><div class=”wistia_embed wistia_async_v02j07qnxj videoFoam=true” style=”height:100%;position:relative;width:100%”><div class=”wistia_swatch” style=”height:100%;left:0;opacity:0;overflow:hidden;position:absolute;top:0;transition:opacity 200ms;width:100%;”><img src=”https://fast.wistia.com/embed/medias/v02j07qnxj/swatch” style=”filter:blur(5px);height:100%;object-fit:contain;width:100%;” alt=”” onload=”this.parentNode.style.opacity=1;” /></div></div></div></div>[/et_pb_code][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.98″ background_layout=”light”]
Notable Moments in the Webinar
- 0:15 – The process of how to evaluate a lender starts with their quotes
- 0:56 – Questions to think about once you receive a quote from a lender
- 1:45 – If you’re getting a quote and haven’t sent in financial documentation, those terms are often times not what you end up receiving
- 2:45 – Rates advertised on websites are typically designed to peak your interest
- 4:13 – When comparing quotes, you need to base your decision off what is most important to you and your deal. For ex: speed, leverage
- 6:33 – How is leverage calculated and how do you compare different leverage structures?
- 8:27 – What percentage of total costs will the lender really fund?
- 11:56 – Ask the lender what factors can change your loan amount
- 14:00 – Why interest rates are often not the biggest cost associated with a loan
- 16:30 – Factors that affect the difference in rates
- 18:40 – Different types of fees you should ask your lender about
- 22:23 – Types of lenders
- 24:00 – A lender who may say they are a direct lender may not truly control their own capital
- 27:12 – Working with lenders and brokers
- 28:40 – The importance of a relationship-based lender. Does your lender offer lines of credit?
- 29:15 – With a line of credit platform, we can underwrite borrowers only one time and provide borrowers with all their real estate needs
- 29:55 – The three E’s of lending: execution, experience, and expediency